Friday, October 27, 2006

Book Notes...

In my line of work its rare to get a Friday night off so I want to take the free time that I have to update you on the book this blog is entitled from.

I want to thank Clark Stooksbury and the staff at Chronicles Magazine for their review of Beating the Powers that Be. You can find it in the November issue of Chronicles (pp. 35-36). I especially liked this part of the review " a story of the construction of the American political spectrum since World War II."

I've managed to get the book located on a couple of local bookstore shelves, and the shelves at the Minnesota State Historical Society bookstore. But I've passed out more free copies than I have sold at present and there's really not much more I can do this year given my schedule to promote the book, especially when I wish to start writing another work as soon as next year.

Writing Beating the Powers that Be was a labor of love that I truly enjoyed and again I wish to thank all those who I interview for their time and thoughts as well as friends and family for their help and encouragment and all those who bought the book. It wasn't perfect, I did the best I could and I have no regrets. I think I have had some impact, however small, on the thinking of those involved with non-major parties and other such movements and that was the purpose of the book. Hopefully we can get more sales at Christmas or perhaps as I become more famous as a writer, God willing.

---Sean Scallon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home