Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sorry not to write while I was away

The is the worst time of the year for me to keep this site updated because it is also my busiest with my job as sports editor at the Pierce County Herald taking first precedence.

But I'm back for a brief bit to let you know I'm still alive and my book is still for sale at www.PublishAmerica.com and the world keeps on turning with plenty to talk about from Iraq to U.S. ports.

I didn't mention Paul's Books in Madison on State St. in my book acknowledgements and I should have for a good chunk of my research material came form there. If your interested in old but still good-to-read books from an independent book store, with that indy book atmosphere (tight spaces, old book smell, ceiling to floor shelves) then you should visit Madison and visit Pauls, just a few feet away from the corner of Lake and State Street.

Just a note on the ports issue, I hate issues that come up that divide paleos (libertarian and conservatives) but this one takes the cake. I myself, don't believe its racism to worry about our country's secruity or belive that our ports and borders should be in U. S. hands nor does it have anything to do with economics and the Coast Guard agress with me. Dubai Port is a STATE run company and thus make it much easier for terrorists to infiltrate and potentially cause serious trouble. What I think will happen is Dubai Port will create a U.S. run subsidiary to run the ports which will be closely scrutinized unless some U.S. steps in at the last minute to run the six ports. Congress will not allow Dubai Port as it is to run those ports and Bush II veto threats are so hollow as to be laughed off.

So I disagree with persons I normally agree with on most issues like Justin Raimondo or Lew Rockwell. So what? Disagreements happen and only a fool would let them wreck alliances, freindships or partnerships over one measly issue. As I know all too well from working on my book, the bane of non-major parties are such petty disagreements blowing up into factional fighting.

The workload will get lighter in a few weeks and hopefully I can put more time to selling my book and more time to writing as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home